Ready to take the NJ Road Test? Don-Tre Driving School will accompany the student at the time of the road test and provide a brush-up review lesson to ensure you have the skills needed.
An instructor will review every aspect and maneuvers for the test, with a special concentration on parallel parking. If you are interested in hiring Don-Tre Driving School for this service, we recommend that you contact our office four weeks prior to test date to ensure availability for your date.
About the NJ Road Test
You will be tested on the following skills:
- Starting your vehicle
- Steering (hands at 10/2 or 9/3)
- Stopping (full stop behind line)
- Turning (hand over hand)
- Backing (reverse in straight line, left hand top of wheel, looking over right shoulder)
- Turn around, K-turn or 3 point turn
- Intersections (look both ways when approaching intersection)
- Speed control (speed limit is 25 mph)
- Parking (parallel parking)
- Up/Down Hill Parking (Rahway test center no curb)
- Attention (follow directions)
What’s needed for the NJ Road Test
- Properly equipped vehicle includes: access to brake, working signals, brake lights or Don-Tre vehicle
- Vehicle must be registered, inspected, insured with all current documentation
- Accompanied by a licensed NJ Driver or Don-Tre Instructor
- Student Driver must have: valid permit, original civil birth certificate or passport
What You’ll Need For A NJ Photo Drivers License
Six Points of Identification are necessary to obtain NJ Drivers License.
The following is an example of six points for a student.
- Original civil birth certificate or passport (4pts)
- Social security card (1pt) or number
- School issued photo id with report card or transcript containing address (2pts)
- More examples of identification are found by clicking here
At Don-Tre Driving School, we take pride in the success of our students. We do our best to provide quality driver education and keep the entire process as simple and pleasant as we can. We’ve had so many successful and happy students and we are blessed to be teaching the children of many of the parents we taught years ago!
Here’s what some of our customers have to say:
My son was completely nervous about learning to drive. In fact, we practically had to force him. Peter took Tom out, and the situation completely turned around. Not only was Peter professional, but he helped Tom gain a level of confidence both behind the wheel and in life. Thanks Don-Tre!
What a cool instructor! I had John as my instructor. I was a little bit nervous, but he was very calming, and by the end of the 6th hour, I really felt like I understood what I was doing. I came back to Don-Tre to take my test and I passed! Yay!
I cannot recommend Don-Tre Driving School enough. It’s funny, but I actually learned to drive with Don-Tre is 1989, and now my son and my daughter both learned to drive with Don-Tre too! Don Carpenter is the most amazing teacher I have ever known!