This is Don-Tre Driving School’s signature program for 16 year old drivers. The 6 hour behind the wheel driver training course is specifically designed to fulfill the required training program for 16 year old students to obtain their NJ learners permit.
The 6 hour behind the wheel driver training course includes six (6) hours of driving lessons, scheduled in three (3) sessions of two (2) hours each.
Upon completion of Don-Tre’s 6 hour behind the wheel driver training program, the student’s NJ learners permit will be validated and the student will receive a “Certificate of Completion” which can be presented to the student’s insurance company for an insurance discount.
All 16 year old student drivers must practice supervised driving, based on the NJ GDL program, with a person who has had a NJ drivers license for at least three (3) years and is at least twenty one (21) years of age.
To obtain their probationary NJ drivers license, they must have practiced driving for at least 6 months and be at least 17 years of age.
Graduated Driver License (GDL) Restrictions
- No Driving from 11:01pm – 5:00am
- Only 1 Passenger unless accompanied by a Parent/Guardian
- Must use the GDL Decal
- No Electronic Devices
- Must wear seatbelts
New Jersey Graduated Driver License (GDL) Law:
- The GDL permit is valid for practice driving the state of NJ from 5:01 am to 11:00 pm.
- Driver cannot use wireless telephone or any wireless device while driving.
- Student must be accompanied by a NJ licensed driver, 21 years or older and licensed for at least 3 years.
- Student may only have one passenger, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The learner’s permit must be held for a minimum of 6 months before you are eligible for the NJ road test. The student must be at least 17 years of age to take the NJ road test.
- When a student passes their NJ road test, they will receive a probationary NJ drivers license. That means they can drive alone from 5:01 am – midnight. They may only have one passenger, unless a parent or guardian is in the vehicle.
- The student must drive one year violation free and be at least 18 years old to obtain their basic NJ drivers license. (non-restricted license). The basic NJ drivers license is issued by MVC. The student must go in person with their six points of identification and their probationary license to obtain their basic license.
At Don-Tre Driving School, we take pride in the success of our students. We do our best to provide quality driver education and keep the entire process as simple and pleasant as we can. We’ve had so many successful and happy students and we are blessed to be teaching the children of many of the parents we taught years ago!
Here’s what some of our customers have to say:
My son was completely nervous about learning to drive. In fact, we practically had to force him. Peter took Tom out, and the situation completely turned around. Not only was Peter professional, but he helped Tom gain a level of confidence both behind the wheel and in life. Thanks Don-Tre!
- Westfield HS Student
What a cool instructor! I had John as my instructor. I was a little bit nervous, but he was very calming, and by the end of the 6th hour, I really felt like I understood what I was doing. I came back to Don-Tre to take my test and I passed! Yay!
I cannot recommend Don-Tre Driving School enough. It’s funny, but I actually learned to drive with Don-Tre is 1989, and now my son and my daughter both learned to drive with Don-Tre too! Don Carpenter is the most amazing teacher I have ever known!