Don-Tre has created this service specifically for students who have not taken the NJ Written Permit and Vision Test in their high school and wish to obtain their NJ learners permit prior to their 17th birthday.
To begin practice driving at 16, you must first pass the NJ Permit Test (Written Knowledge Test). If you did not take the NJ Permit Test in high school, you must take the NJ Permit Test either a NJ MVC Driver Testing Center or through a licensed NJ driving school. To take the test at NJ MVC, you must be accompanied by a licensed NJ driving school.
- This service is for students who have not taken the NJ Written Permit Test.
- Don-Tre Driving School will provide the written test (and vision test) in our office (no need to go to NJ MVC)
- Many students take the test in high school however, there are districts that do not administer this test, thus, you must take the written test if you wish to begin practice driving prior to your 17th birthday.
- Don-Tre also offers the 30-Hour Driver Theory Course, for those students who wish to take a similar course to what is taught in a high-school driver education class. Click here for more details.
Graduated Driver License (GDL) Restrictions
- No Driving from 11:01pm – 5:00am
- Only 1 Passenger unless accompanied by a Parent/Guardian
- Must use the GDL Decal
- No Electronic Devices
- Must wear seatbelts
At Don-Tre Driving School, we take pride in the success of our students. We do our best to provide quality driver education and keep the entire process as simple and pleasant as we can. We’ve had so many successful and happy students and we are blessed to be teaching the children of many of the parents we taught years ago!
Here’s what some of our customers have to say:
My son was completely nervous about learning to drive. In fact, we practically had to force him. Peter took Tom out, and the situation completely turned around. Not only was Peter professional, but he helped Tom gain a level of confidence both behind the wheel and in life. Thanks Don-Tre!
What a cool instructor! I had John as my instructor. I was a little bit nervous, but he was very calming, and by the end of the 6th hour, I really felt like I understood what I was doing. I came back to Don-Tre to take my test and I passed! Yay!
I cannot recommend Don-Tre Driving School enough. It’s funny, but I actually learned to drive with Don-Tre is 1989, and now my son and my daughter both learned to drive with Don-Tre too! Don Carpenter is the most amazing teacher I have ever known!