Please be advised that Don-Tre was not aware that NJ MVC would be turning on the road test scheduling option on 6/17. We were told that road tests which were cancelled would be scheduled starting with March appointments.
These students would be contacted directly from NJ MVC with link. This sudden opening of the online scheduling option caused anxiety for both our students and our staff. As a result, we were overwhelmed with calls. This is an optional service we provide. We are trying our best to service all of our students whom called and scheduled road test service with us.
Moving forward we will continue our road test and brush up service. Our new procedures for road tests are as follows:
- We will be providing road test service to the Rahway test location for morning appointments only. This will be in place for the next few months. This is due to the large numbers of rescheduled students.
- Our clients who have been already scheduled for Randolph will be honored.
- Parents will be asked to bring the student to the Rahway test site to meet a Don-Tre instructor.
- Due to the guidelines of social distancing under COVID-19 , we cannot accommodate multiple students in a car.
- The student will use our car for the road test appointment and if a he or she passes they will proceed with a parent to an agency of their choice to purchase their license.
These are unfamiliar times for everyone. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding at this time. Please feel free to call us to discuss any questions or concerns.
Below is a chart stating services available at each DMV agency.
At Don-Tre Driving School, we take pride in the success of our students. We do our best to provide quality driver education and keep the entire process as simple and pleasant as we can. We’ve had so many successful and happy students and we are blessed to be teaching the children of many of the parents we taught years ago!
Here’s what some of our customers have to say:
My son was completely nervous about learning to drive. In fact, we practically had to force him. Peter took Tom out, and the situation completely turned around. Not only was Peter professional, but he helped Tom gain a level of confidence both behind the wheel and in life. Thanks Don-Tre!
What a cool instructor! I had John as my instructor. I was a little bit nervous, but he was very calming, and by the end of the 6th hour, I really felt like I understood what I was doing. I came back to Don-Tre to take my test and I passed! Yay!
I cannot recommend Don-Tre Driving School enough. It’s funny, but I actually learned to drive with Don-Tre is 1989, and now my son and my daughter both learned to drive with Don-Tre too! Don Carpenter is the most amazing teacher I have ever known!